Social Media Marketing has overgrown the utilization of Digital Marketing. The use of different Social Media Platforms is one of the most effective tools in promoting certain products and services.
These Social Media Platforms are the right venue to reach a much wider demographic and broader audience. Social Media Marketing is not just about posting contents or sharing photos and videos online. An effective marketing strategy must be curated to establish ones relevance in the online world.
As a marketer, you must have experts in Social Media Marketing for your brand to be known. As a business owner, you have the option to make use of your in-house team or outsource your Social Media Marketing to a third party.
However, when do you get to decide to keep this responsibility within your realm? Should you hire other people to do the job? Let us weigh in the pros and cons of keeping an in-house team over hiring an outsourced team for your Social Media Marketing.
- You will have full control over your in-house team.
- Since you have full access and control over your team, you can directly revamp your master plan to fit your business needs. You are also in charge of whatever content should be posted and distributed on your different Social Media Platforms.
- Hiring in-house full time employees can be quite costly. Not to mention the mandated benefits and incentives that must be included in every staff’s compensation.
- Establishing a Social Media Plan may take a lot of trial and errors before it can become effective. Hiring in-house Social Media Marketers to handle your business can be a little tricky sometimes. If these people don’t yet have enough experience, you must allot more time and effort to train and hone their skills.
- Knowing the vast changes that is continuously happening in our present society, adapting to the trends and changes involved in our technology might be too overwhelming for your not so experienced team.
- One of the main advantages of outsourcing is that, you will have a full advantage of hiring people with a wider set of experience and much more advanced skill set. Hiring experts on this type of field will greatly help boost your Social Media presence. As a result, more clients and customers will be able to get to know your brand.
- Another advantage of outsourcing is that, it is not too costly unlike keeping an in-house team. An outsourced staff often charge an hourly fixed rate as compared to an in-house team where training, benefits and incentives are required.
- One of the reasons why marketers tend to brush off the idea of outsourcing is that, the need to hand over sensitive and risky information about their businesses. However, as a business owner, it is your main responsibility to look for a reliable and trustworthy team to handle your Social Media responsibilities.
- Offshoring your Social Media Marketing means that you have to work with people with a different time zone. Furthermore, closely monitoring your team can also be quite difficult given the farther demographic location. You must set a time that will work both ways. Both parties must also adjust schedules, or one must do so, to meet halfway.
- Hiring experts from a different part of the globe also means that you should also be aware of the cultural differences. Cultural differences can sometimes be a cause of certain miscommunication among people.
Whether you decide to outsource or hire an in-house team for your growing business, It is always best to look for the right people that fits your business brand and preferences. Weigh in the pros and cons and be able to determine what your business needs.